What are some other good examples of Web Pages That Suck? (any library pages?) What are some other examples of very good Web pages? (esp. library pages)
I think that the Pitt Library page should probably be on the list of library pages that suck. I am sure that some people really like the website, and it serves someone’s needs, but it does nothing for me. I do not think that it is arranged well, and it is rather difficult to navigate to solid research worthy sources. I would argue that with the amount of money pouring into Pitt, a better page does not seem like too much to ask for. If you compare Pitt to CMU for instance, it is easy to see how inadequate Pitt’s website is. It is especially sad because Pitt has the LIS program, not CMU. PS. I really appreciate your ideas on glitter text. I do not doubt that you are an expert.
2 comments:
there was just a blog post about this at one of the library blogs I follow. Here are some of the library websites that they thought were good.
http://theubiquitouslibrarian.typepad.com/the_ubiquitous_librarian/2008/10/5-library-website-designs-worth-talking-about.html
I think that the Pitt Library page should probably be on the list of library pages that suck. I am sure that some people really like the website, and it serves someone’s needs, but it does nothing for me. I do not think that it is arranged well, and it is rather difficult to navigate to solid research worthy sources. I would argue that with the amount of money pouring into Pitt, a better page does not seem like too much to ask for. If you compare Pitt to CMU for instance, it is easy to see how inadequate Pitt’s website is. It is especially sad because Pitt has the LIS program, not CMU.
PS. I really appreciate your ideas on glitter text. I do not doubt that you are an expert.
Post a Comment